Sick! (warning: short story made long)
So, my two boys spit up like crazy when there were born. It was hard. I was always so nervous to ever let anybody hold them because there was no telling what they might get on them. I was constantly cleaning it up off my already gross carpet and them. I was changing Bradley's clothes every hour (like a good new little mom would do) and by the time Ethan came (because I got lazy and realistic) I was changing him, and myself, for sure every time we left the house and tried to before Kyle got home from work so he didn't come home to a stinky baby and wife. I have never appreciated spit up until this week or more specifically yesterday. Monday morning Ethan wakes up with throw-up all over him and his bed. I feel so bad for him. He acts okay though. He is fine all day so I think maybe it was something he ate. But...no...it wasn't. I plan on having my friend Heather and her husband over for dinner and they are bring a movie. I thought it would be fine. But right in the middle of dinner Ethan pukes all over the floor. And you all know that Heather and Josh do not have kids yet so they are not used to seeing disgusting things on a daily basis. I felt so bad. It was right by Heather. Luckily nothing got on her. They were nice about it and Heather got me rags to clean it up with but I did notice that there wasn't much eating after that :) So for me that wasn't that bad. I can handle a little throw-up. I was just glad that the two times it happened it was in Ethan's crib and on the tile. (Easy to clean up) But then the next day comes. Everything is going fine. I can tell that Ethan is feeling sick so I am holding him all day. He feels a little hot but I can handle that. Bradley says he wants some cheese for his snack. So I cut up some cheddar cheese for him. He eats it fine then I put them down for their naps. Everything is fine. Nap time is Heaven! Then 3 o'clock comes. I get out of the shower. (yes, I shower at 3 in the afternoon, if it is a good day!) I go out in to the family room and heard Bradley crying. I go up stairs, down the hall, open his door and squish! I stepped right in little bite size pieces of cheddar cheese. It was so gross! But as a mom you can override the throw-up on your foot and comfort you child. So I went and hugged Bradley and asked him if he was okay. He was a little shook up but I put him in the bathtub and that calmed him down. I start to clean up the floor. (Throw-up on carpet is the worst.) I pour water on it and vacuum it up. I turn off the vacuum and Bradley is crying again because all of the hot water is gone from my shower. So I dress him and while I am doing that Ethan wakes up. I send Bradley in Ethan's room to play with him while I finish cleaning up his room. I start vacuuming again. I turn the vacuum off and Bradley is crying again. I go in Ethan's room and there are bite sizes of cheddar cheese every where again. (poor little boy!) So I send him down stairs to watch TV and I clean up now Ethan's room too. That is finished so I go down stairs to comfort my little Bradley. He continues to throw-up about every 15 to 20 minutes. Luckily Ethan is not throwing up but he is still feeling sick and wants me to hold him as well. So, Kyle is suppose to be leaving work at 6 but I couldn't wait any longer. I tried to hold off as long as possible but I needed help. I finally broke down and called at 5:45 and asked him to leave just a little bit early. He said he would. I told him to stop on the way home and grab something for dinner because I knew that I wouldn't be able to make something. I also told him to grab some sprite for Bradley. So he walks in the door around 6:15 with absolutely nothing in his hands. Bradley jumps up and says "Pop! Pop!". Kyle says he needs some money. So he grabs some and offers to take Ethan with him to go get it. I was very relieved and said "YES!". So they left and Bradley and I went back to him sitting on my lap watching That's so Raven (got to love Disney channel) Kyle comes back like 15 minutes later with Ethan in his arms and plastic gloves on his hands. OH MAN! Ethan threw-up all over his car seat!!! That was the kicker! I had been cleaning up throw-up all day! I was becoming sick from the smell. I knew I smelt like it, my house smelt like it, my kids definitely smelt like it and now my car smelt like it! I HATE THROW-UP! I have now learned to appreciate small, little, not so smelly spit ups!



4 comments:
It wasn't that bad :) I felt so bad for him! I hope they are feeling better!
I can smell it, too!!! And I'm about to puke!!!
Oh, the joys of motherhood.
Oh man...that is seriously one of the worst parts of raising kids. Makes you want to revert back to the old days where they covered everything with plastic. :)
Post a Comment