Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

This past week Kyle and I went to California for a week. It was so nice. Michelle and our family watched the boys. It was really really really nice. (Thanks Michelle!!!) The first day that we got there we went to Hurricane Harbor. That was a lot of fun. We only stayed until about 4. After that we went and checked into our hotel. It was really nice.



This is the lobby.



This is the hallway. It was built in the 1920's. They had an Oscar ceremony there. After we got checked in and everything we walked around downtown LA. And let me tell you! It is just like the movies. There are a ton of homeless people and just scary people too. We walked by this one lady and she was waiting for the bus and all of a sudden she starts going, "Baa... Baa... Baa" really loud. It was weird. Then we walked down a different street and this black, older man comes up to Kyle and says, "Smell my finger." Kyle just said, "No thank you" as we walked by and he starts laughing, this really loud laugh like he knows something we don't "WAAHAHA!" It was really crazy. I felt like the people in Adventures in Babysitting. Then by this time it was dark and we were trying to get back to the hotel and we turned down this street and I saw something dart across the side walk so I stopped and looked ahead and there were at least 8 to 10 huge rats running around!!! It was so disgusting. But we finally made it back to the hotel. I was very glad.



The next day we went and did a session in the Los Angeles Temple. That was very nice.


Kyle thought he was clever :)


2 comments:

Heather said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I am jealous - cooler weather, the beach, etc. :) Glad you had a good trip!

Lacie said...

Wow that hotel looks really cool!!