Lasik
It was really nice. For my 24th birthday Kyle said that I could get Lasik. I have worn glasses since I was in third grade and contacts since 7th. When Lasik came out that was very appealing to me but scary too so I kind of just thought about it and thought that would be nice but wasn't to concerned about it. My contacts were treating me well until I got pregnant with Bradley. I got an eye ulcer in high school (the day after graduation at Disneyland as a matter of fact. Very uncomfortable. but don't worry I still had the time of my life :) and then I got another one when I got pregnant but when you are pregnant it is a bigger deal because they are scared to give you any meds. So, I was going to this Dr. out in Timbuktu on the other side of Phoenix (very near to where I live now) like once a week. It was terrible. So, I can hardly even were my contacts when I am pregnant.
You can't get Lasik when you are pregnant or nursing. You have to wait 2 months after you are done nursing to be able to get it. So, I was done nursing and two moths were almost up and Kyle had said I could get it but I wanted a baby more and couldn't wait the full two months (otherwise we would get in to a summer time delivery. I've done that twice and am not doing that again. :) So, I got pregnant and Kyle got Lasik. He feels bad that I didn't get it but that is okay. I will later and now we can see if is eyeballs fall out or something before I get it :) I am very excited for this baby and figure I will just wear my glasses. It's not a big deal (I don't feel bad. I/We choose this, so stop feeling bad Kyle:) I am glad that Kyle was able to get it. He hasn't had any problems. He came home that day and just slept until 10. He had to wear this shield so that he wouldn't rub his eyes. But he sees great. I am glad that you could take advantage of my birthday present ;)
You can't get Lasik when you are pregnant or nursing. You have to wait 2 months after you are done nursing to be able to get it. So, I was done nursing and two moths were almost up and Kyle had said I could get it but I wanted a baby more and couldn't wait the full two months (otherwise we would get in to a summer time delivery. I've done that twice and am not doing that again. :) So, I got pregnant and Kyle got Lasik. He feels bad that I didn't get it but that is okay. I will later and now we can see if is eyeballs fall out or something before I get it :) I am very excited for this baby and figure I will just wear my glasses. It's not a big deal (I don't feel bad. I/We choose this, so stop feeling bad Kyle:) I am glad that Kyle was able to get it. He hasn't had any problems. He came home that day and just slept until 10. He had to wear this shield so that he wouldn't rub his eyes. But he sees great. I am glad that you could take advantage of my birthday present ;)



2 comments:
Hey Amber I have been "lurking" on you blog for a little bit. It has been fun to see your little boys and the cute things they do.
Shawn got Lasik a few years ago, and I got mine done in January. It is the best thing ever! I know what it is like to have issues with contacts! Hopefully you will be able to get it done in the next couple of years!
I bet Kyle is loving it!
I remember when you had the eye ulcer at Disneyland! I had forgotten about that...I felt so bad for you. I probably forgot about it because I don't think you complained about it at all. I have some pictures of you with it...I can post them if you want. :) Just kidding. Good memories!
Post a Comment