Friday, December 28, 2007

Family Reunion

So, last summer our family tried to organize a time that we could all go camping or something for a "family reunion". We never figured out a time so Kiera and I decided to organize an "official" reunion for the next year. Wow!!! You would think it would be a little bit easier but with everybody's complicated schedules it was far from easy. All summer we tried to organize a time and finally came up with the weekend after Christmas. We were going to go to Flagstaff and go skiing and stuff but that ended up not working out so we just cut it all down to one day, which happened to be two days after Christmas. It all turned out pretty good but boy was it hectic getting it all ready. It was definitely a big learning experience for Kiera and I.


It was a lot of fun. In the morning we went to the park and played a bunch of games. That was a lot of fun.



After the games we went to the church to have lunch prepared by Jen and Amy. It was delicious sub sandwiches. (yum! I love sandwiches when I am pregnant)



Kyle and I. (This is what I look like staying up until 2:30 almost 3 two nights in a row and the second night just staying at my family's house without my make up or new clothes. Thankfully Kyle did bring me a new shirt but Kyle looks nice and fresh with a nights sleep all by himself in a cal/king bed :) jk He did a lot of work too. He really helped out. I felt really bad actually because he took the week off and ended up just watching the boys most of it while I got ready for the reunion or else helping me. Thanks Kyle! Sorry your vaca wasn't all the "fun and relaxation" you were wanting but thanks for your help :)

After lunch we had a meeting to plan next year, which went really well. Then we had a break while Kiera and I got ready for dinner and everybody else got ready for the talent show, mainly my dad had to set up the sound.



Dinner was really nice. We had a program that everybody participated in which was really nice. We had all of the siblings share a memory about growing up and we had all of the in-laws read something (we would have had them share a memory but we didn't want to put them on the spot.) Then we had my mom and dad say things about why they wanted a family and why they are important. We had the siblings sing a song together, "Family", and we had the grand kids sing "I am a Child of God". It was really nice. Thanks for everybody's participation. It went really well. Then we ate dinner and then moved into the cultural hall for a ...

2 comments:

Kyle said...

That was a good night's sleep. we should get bunk bed cal/kings.

BriAnne said...

Wow, you are such an event planner! That couldn't have been easy but it sounds like it went really well! I just love your family!!