Reminders
I was having Bradley and Ethan clean up all of their toys in the loft today. I was trying to get them to hurry because I needed to go to the store before it was their nap time. They weren't going very fast (they are 2 and 3). I started to get impatient. So, already being on the floor I decided to put my head down for a minute and re-evaluate my approach. I remembered that I was having the boys clean the loft so that they could learn how to work hard. I remembered that I chose to have these sweet little boys to teach them how to be good adults. I remembered that I chose to stay home with my boys so that I could raise them and teach them all the things they need to know. I remembered how much I love them. I remembered that it doesn't matter if we make it to the store or if the loft gets cleaned or if they get home in time for their naps. Then I felt guilty for being impatient. I sure love my boys and am so grateful to be able to stay home with them and for this time that I have with them. I take it for granted so much!
So after sitting there feeling guilty I look over at my boys (who are supposed to be cleaning) and Ethan is laying on the ground holding a toy and Bradley is rolling on a big ball making a funny face(which he is obsessed with doing right now) and bumping into me! I love these boys! They are so sweet! I sat up and grabbed Bradley and just hugged him. He is such a sweet little boy. All three of them are!
While I am holding him I told him I was sorry for being impatient with him and he corrected me by saying, "Mad."
I said, "Yes, mad. Sorry. It is hard to be a mommy sometimes. Do you know why?"
Bradley responds, "I don't want to be a mommy."
Taken back by that I asked, "Why not (besides for obvious reasons)?"
Bradley says, "Mommys clean all the time and I don't want to clean all the time."
I held him and just laughed! I love my children. They are so precious. They remind me to smile and slow down and enjoy life!
I guess I need to clean less and play with them more :) (better yet play by myself ha ha yeah right!)



2 comments:
That is really cute...Bradley IS one of the sweetest boys I know!!!
I had to apologize to Kent last night, too. I got SO MAD at him because he WOULD NOT brush his teeth, "cause it would make him tired". I even threw the toothbrush at him with toothpaste on it. I put myself in time out cause I was freaking out, and I knew it. Then I went and apologized and he gave me a big big hug. I asked if he could forgive me, and he said, ya. Now we are friends again. I sure do love him!
Post a Comment