Update
My Picasa isn't working right now and I haven't had the time (or desire) to work with it yet so I haven't been posting. Until I get it worked out I guess I will just post picture free (boring I know :) ). What's been going on...
Christmas was good. We had a lot of fun. We got the boys a big blow up slide. They really liked that. Kyle got rims for his truck. He really liked that. We got to spend a lot of time with our families. We had a wonderful Christmas.
New Years was a lot of fun. We went to dinner with my family then to a movie.
Daniel (Kyle's brother) left on his mission to Washington and Briggs (Kyle's other brother) came home from his mission in Canada. That was fun. The weeks before Daniel left we were able to spend a lot of time with him. The boys really like him a lot. They had a lot of fun with him. We were able to go bowling and have an early Thanksgiving dinner. It was a lot of fun. We are sure going to miss him but are glad that he has the opportunity to serve. The boys are also really excited that Briggs is home now. He has come over a few times and they can't get enough of him. Bradley goes up to him and says, "Watch what I can do." and does a bunch of "fighting ticks". Then he says to Briggs "What can you do?" It was really funny. They have been having a lot of fun with him.
We had Kiera's girls come and spend the night with us while they were still there. That was really fun. I was glad that they were able to spend so much time with us. It also made me realize how hard that would be to have 7 kids 6 and under. It really was fun though. We had Lunchables that Kiera left for them, we made pizza for dinner and they played all day long.
Let's see...
Bradley is doing well. He graduated to Sunbeams. He is really excited about that. He did very good with the change adjustment but then we got sick and stayed home two weeks in a row. The past two weeks he has had a hard time going but I am sure he will be just fine in a few weeks. He has picked up some cool new "fighting tricks" from Kung-Fu Panda (which we have now given away). He jumps around punching and kicking and puts on a scowl. It is actually pretty cute. Ethan runs around copying him. It is cute. Tonight after dinner the boys were helping me clear off the table and Bradley came over and gave me a big hug and told me that he loves me. It was so sweet.
Ethan. We are still trying to work with him on sleeping in his own bed in Bradley's room. It is making some progress but I think we have gotten in to a little bit of a rut. We put him into his old room if he comes out. Sometimes he stays in his bed but most of the time he ends up coming out. So we are still working on that. Today it was so sweet. He went and started unloading the dishwasher all by himself. He managed to put all of the silverware away not necessarily in the right spots but he got all of the spoons together and all of the forks together and all of the knives. I was pretty impressed. He did manage to break two bowls in the process but what can you do. I just thought it was so sweet that he decided to do the dishes.
Zack is doing great. He was tongue tied so we had the surgery to release his tongue this month. That went great (besides that it was scheduled for 6:15 in the morning!). My mom and Michelle watched the kids for us. They spent the night there. That was really nice. We got there and they took us back to talk to us then took Zack back and he was seriously back there for maybe 10 mins. It took no time at all!!! He did great. His tongue looks great as well. Of course I I get all nervous before he goes in that anything could go wrong but nothing did :) He has started crawling!!! He started the day before his surgery. He looks so cute. He isn't eating any baby food. He really really does not like it. I guess he doesn't like the texture or something. I have been feeding him veggies that we are eating. He really likes grabbing the food with his hands. At his 9 month check up he was in the 20th percentile. That made me a little nervous because he used to be in the 70th percentiles. The dr. said that he will watch it. If he is still like that at his year check up I will be more concerned but we will see. Hopefully he will be eating more by then.
Kyle is doing well and so am I. Life is pretty good.



2 comments:
I am so glad you guys are doing so well. And let's get together soon.
Post a Comment