Saturday, July 28, 2007

...Until the rains came!!!


We put our tent right in the middle of the wash! It was actually a very funny experience. Kyle, Ethan and I were inside the tent and Bradley was right outside and then all of a sudden "Boom! Crack!" The first sounds of thunder and Bradley comes running to the tent and dives on the air mattress screaming and crying. I reached for him and tried to comfort him while trying to hold back my laughter because it was quite comical. So Kyle and I laid on the air mattress listening to the thunder roll and tried to comfort our kids for about half an hour. Then rain started coming and boy did it come! Our tent started to leak right off so Kyle went out into the down pour and put a tarp on top of our tent. That helped a lot. The tarp started blowing off of the tent so Kyle had to go out there for a second time. I was holding both of the boys and trying to comfort them when all of the sudden we hear Kyle yelling and screaming. He had sprained his ankle! So he came back in and I went out and finished. When I came back in everything was okay for a while. We continued to lay there trying to comfort Bradley and in the mean time Ethan fell asleep in Kyle's arms (the joys of parenthood right there). Bradley finally calmed down and started relaxing and singing songs with us when all of the sudden the tent starts to move. I got up to see what was going on. I looked outside of our tent and we were in the middle of a river literally!!! I turned back to Kyle and told him we had to get out of there and go to Ryan and Aprils RV (thanks for the help Ryan and April!!!). So he hobbled over to the car and I took the boys out him. They waited in there while I got all of our stuff out. It was quite the experience. We ended up packing up and going home. We had to leave our tent because we didn't have room in our car to bring it and one of the poles broke and I ripped the zipper. So it wasn't really worth trying to find somebody in the pouring rain that could bring it back for us. Daniel and Kyle's cousin were suppose to dispose of it. Hopefully they did.


That is our ice chest. Our car was parked right to the left of it.


Ethan, Kyle and Bradley in the car waiting for me. By the way that is Bradley's real face. He was terrified, obviously.


Me getting all of the stuff :)

3 comments:

{ Bethany } said...

HOLY COW! You werent kidding about the water!!!!!

Heather said...

What an adventure! Glad you didn't wash away...!

Kyle said...

these still make me laugh. I LOVE Bradley's face!