Camping
We decided to go camping spur of the moment on Friday. I started packing around 2 and we ended up leaving around 5. We didn't know where we were going but just decided to drive and try to find a place to camp at. We ended up in Sedona. It was really pretty. The camp site wasn't the greatest but for a last minute camping trip it turned out pretty good. (Well, sort of)
We got there and we set up our tent. Kyle went and tried to find some firewood for a campfire and I set up the bedding. We were doing all of this in the dark. Kyle left the car lights on for me to see which was really nice but... The battery died! That ended up not being a huge deal we just asked the scouts that were two sites down to come over and help us jump start it. They had it up and running in no time. Kyle didn't find very much fire wood but we had enough to make some good smores. Then we went to bed.
That night just happened to be pretty chilly. Bradley and Ethan were fine. They didn't wake up at all but Zack was having a hard time sleeping so I just pulled him in the bed with Kyle and me. Then we slept fine.
In the morning we had Poptarts for breakfast (remember spur of the moment camping trip) then went down to the ranger to pay for the site. He had a hummingbird feeder and there were tons of hummingbirds. It was pretty cool. After that we went down to the creek! That is the best part of camping.
It was a lot of fun. The boys had a lot of fun throwing rocks in to the water. I had Ethan climb on this rock with me for a picture and...
Bradley found that to be the opportune moment to throw a rock! (I would have to agree :) )
Kyle and Zack.
Kyle and Bradley having fun in our huge tent. Kyle had to buy a new tent for fathers and sons so this was the first time I used it. It was really nice. I really enjoy camping. It was a lot of fun.







1 comment:
Looks like you all had a fun time, dispite the kind of bad start! Next summer we have to actually go camping together!
Post a Comment