Friday, August 15, 2008

Hospital

We had a little scare this Thursday night. I put the boys to sleep at 7 like normal and they were all fine. Bradley wouldn't go to sleep because it started to rain and that scares him so he came into to the office with me and laid on the floor while I did my homework. He fell asleep. I left him there for Kyle to take to his room after he got back from school. He ended up taking him to his room around 11:30. While he was walking past Ethan's room we heard him cough. Then we heard a really weird noise that wasn't stopping so Kyle went in and checked on him. He went in there and he was awake. Kyle brought him downstairs. He was having a very very hard time breathing. He thought it might have been an athsma attack. (I had no idea. I have never been around anybody with athsma.) When he was taking breaths in his chest was going in instead of out.

So, we called Heather and she was nice enough to come over and sleep at our house while we took him to the hospital. (Thank you so much Heather!!!) We got there and they said it was croup and strider on top of that. They gave him a steroid shot and had us hold up a humidifier thing in front of his face to help with the croup. That didn't change him very much but then they gave him a breathing treatment for the strider and that took it away instantly and he was able to breath fine again. But unfortunately with that medicine you have to stay at the hospital for 2 hour after they give it to you to make sure that you don't relapse. So we didn't get home until about 4:30 or 5. I felt really bad for Heather but I was so glad that she was close enough to help us and glad that she is willing to help us out like that. (That is twice now that you have saved my kids:) )

He is completely fine now. He just has a cough (croup). It was just so weird. He didn't have any signs of being sick before I put him to bed. I am so glad that Kyle checked on him. While we were trying to decide what we should do for him (whether to take him to the hospital or not). I, of course, thought of the worst case scenario and couldn't even imagine. I love my children so much. I am so grateful for them. They are the sweetest little boys. They teach me so much everyday. I am so glad that we are sealed together for eternity. They are my life! (Kyle too :) )

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Thank you Heather! (and Josh)

the little Vinings ; ) said...

I am so glad that he is ok! How scary to not know what is goin on with your kids' health, I am glad that Heather was able to help, but if she isn't you can always call me, and I can help too! Glad everything is better now!

Terin said...

The same thing happened with Abby. So scary. I glad he is fine. And your boys are too cute. I love looking at your blog. Such a sweet family.

KOCHERHANS said...

I am like you Amber - I always think the worst and sick babies stress me out like nothing else. I'm so glad that everything is ok and they were able to take care of him. Your family is adorable. I love looking at your blog and keeping up on you guys. You're a great mother. I was talking with my mom the other day and somehow you guys came up and she said that Kyle is such a nice guy.....you'll have to let him know. You both are great.

Heather said...

Somehow I missed this post... but you are welcome! :) You know I am always there for you and your family, for anything that you need. It was no problem! I am glad everything turned out okay!

PS We finally got a Wii :) It is a birthday present for Josh. We are excited!

Jessica said...

Scary stuff. Glad everything is okay. What a cute family.